Updated: February 23, 2020
1. General Terms
- Welma Inc. doing business as Press Fixer may be referred to as “the Company”, “we”, “our”, “ourselves” or “us”.
- We call a user of our Sites “client”, “user”, “users”, “you”, or “your” as appropriate.
- The platform we offer at our website (www.pressfixer.com and other variants ) are referred to as the “Site(s)”.
- The services that we offer when you create an account or pay for our services is referred to as “Service” or “Services”.
- “Terms and Conditions” refers to our Terms and Conditions of Service, which can be found here: https://pressfixer.com/terms/
2. Privacy Officer
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for overseeing what we do with your information and for monitoring compliance with this policy and data protection laws. You may contact our Privacy Officer by emailing help[email protected].
3. Personal Information
4. Information We Collect
We Collect Personal Information You Voluntarily Provide
Certain users of PressFixer’s Sites choose to interact with PressFixer in ways that require PressFixer to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that PressFixer gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, PressFixer collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of your interaction with PressFixer. Examples of the information we collect include:
- Contact Information:
This may include your first and last name, postal address, telephone number, and email address when you sign up for an account.
- Billing Data:
Including your payment instrument number (such as a credit or debit card number), expiration date, and security code as necessary to process your payments.
- Financial Information:
To help users of our Services set up a payment account and pay fees to PressFixer, we may collect financial information, including debit card or credit card number, and other payment information, as applicable. We use Financial Information in order to operate the PressFixer Sites and the Services that we provide and to ensure that you are billed for the Services you choose to receive from us. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our Sites and Services and to fulfil our contracts with users.
- Promotional Information:
Certain offerings of the PressFixer Site, such as newsletters, surveys, offers, and the like are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do consent to take advantage of PressFixer Sites offerings, we will use your data to (as applicable) send you newsletters and other communications that are tailored based on information we have about you, or to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar offering in connection with our legitimate interest in promoting our business and the PressFixer Sites.
- Content Information:
You also may choose to send PressFixer Personal Information in an email or chat message containing inquiries about the PressFixer Site and Services. We use this Information in order to help us respond to your inquiry. We require that you furnish your Contact Information and Financial Information when you register a paid account with us in order to provide Services through the PressFixer Site. We require you to furnish your name and e-mail when you register a free account with us. For example, if you are a Client, we collect your first and last name, email address, and your zip or postal code in order to create and administer your PressFixer account. Further, if you are a Client who purchases one of our Services, we collect your first and last name, e-mail address, zip or postal code, address and your Financial Information to facilitate your payment. We also collect additional information in order to facilitate your technical support request, such as information about the technical support issue you are seeking to fix, the time, and the date. We also ask users who sign up at pressfixer.com to provide a username and email address.
Information We May Automatically Collect
PressFixer also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on PressFixer blogs/sites. PressFixer only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
PressFixer also collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each user request. PressFixer’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how you use our website. From time to time, PressFixer may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
5. Use Of Your Information
- To enable payment for Services, in order to fulfill our contracts with you;
- For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which you can use our Services and Site, and in order to comply with our legal obligations;
- To analyze the PressFixer’s Sites usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the Sites to grow our business;
- To contact you and deliver (via email, push notifications or otherwise) transactional information, administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of Sites and Services, with your consent when required under applicable law, as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with you and in promoting our business;
- To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our obligations to you;
- For internal market research for our legitimate interest in improving the PressFixer Site and Services to grow our business;
- For troubleshooting problems for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which you and other users can receive the Services they opt to use;
- To assist you in the resolution of complaints and disputes, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good customer service to all Users;
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions and our legitimate interests in ensuring our Agreement is complied with.
8. Embedded Content
9. Sharing Your Data
Third Party Agents
We share information, including Identity Information, with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Third Party Agents assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, fraud prevention and detection, communication services, and technical support. We contractually prohibit our Third Party Agents from retaining, using, or disclosing information about you for any purposes other than performing the services for us, although we may permit them to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. To operate the PressFixer Platform, including processing your transactions, we may share your information with our agents, representatives, vendors and service providers (“Third Party Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
- Email origination;
- Identity checks;
- Receipt, invoice, or support services;
- Customer relationship management services;
- To otherwise help us provide the PressFixer Platform.
We share information with Third Party Agents in the following way:
- Any information entered in to one of our contact forms is sent to us via email to https://mail.google.com/ and or https://www.liveagent.com/ where we are able to read and respond to your message. This information is also stored in our website and sent to Google Cloud as part of our website backups for no longer than 90 days.
- Any information entered into a mailing list signup form is sent to https://www.activecampaign.com/ in order for us to send you our mailing list content.
- Any information entered into our live chat system is being entered directly into software provided by https://www.liveagent.com/. At the end of your live chat conversation, this information is sent to us via email in order for us to contact you regarding your live chat conversation.
- Any information entered into our checkout forms is saved by https://plooto.com/. Your first name and email address are then sent to https://www.activecampaign.com/ in order to add that data to our New Customers list so that we can send you the information that you need to know about your new care plan with us. Payment information is never stored in our website and is added directly to Stripe, PayPal or Plooto where they securely store your credit card information and name in order to process your payments.
- If you have or have had an active care plan with us, we process additional information on your behalf. In order to access your website for the purposes of website maintenance, your name, email address, website address, website login username, hosting login username and/or your business name may be stored in https://niftypm.com/ which we use as our support desk and project management software. Passwords are not saved in cleartext format and are only saved in the LastPass software, which encrypts your passwords.
PressFixer and our Third Party Agents may disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when PressFixer believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of PressFixer, third parties or the public at large.
Merger or Acquisition
PressFixer reserves the right to share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
Please note that some of our employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using PressFixer’ websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
10. Retaining Your Data
- If you complete a purchase on our website, WordPress automatically creates an account for you in order to store your order data and create your subscription. This account information is stored indefinitely to allow us to keep accurate records of any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- If you sign up for our mailing list, your data is stored in https://www.activecampaign.com/ indefinitely, or until that data is determined to be no longer valid or necessary for us to contact you in accordance with our mailing list procedures.
- If you fill out one of our contact forms, your data is stored in our website database and or https://www.liveagent.com/ indefinitely. Additionally, this information is stored in our website backups in Google Cloud for no longer than 90 days.
11. Protecting Your Data
PressFixer implements and maintains reasonable administrative, physical, and technical security safeguards to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.We use two factor authentication in systems where we store any sensitive data such as passwords. This helps us to protect your information from unauthorized access by requiring more than just a username and password to access that information. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information about you.
While PressFixer will use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of all information, including Financial Information and Personal Information, we expressly disclaim any liability for unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any all Personal Information and/or Financial Information stored therein, and you agree to hold PressFixer harmless for any damages that may result therefrom. If you have any further questions on this issue, please refer to the Terms and Conditions of Service.
The third party services that we use to store data are equipped to monitor unauthorized access and share with us any known system breaches. These third party services include ActiveCampaign.com, LastPass.com, ThriveCart.com, ManageWP.com, Stripe.com, PayPal.com and Google.com. Additionally, if, at any point, PressFixer becomes aware of a data breach through one of the third parties listed above, or by our own measures, we will immediately contact all affected parties and also take immediate action in accordance with the rules and regulations of the authority having jurisdiction.
12. EU Users
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) please note:
We may need to collect and process the types of Personal Information listed above in order to provide the Services to you or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the Services. We may use the Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including those listed above.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you have or have had a website maintenance plan with us, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information, you may contact us at [email protected].
We keep your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you;
- as required by a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- as advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority competent for your country or region.
If you wish to inquire about your privacy rights in relation to PressFixer please email us at [email protected].