All FAQ Categories
What tasks are covered in the monthly plan?
- Technical Tasks - Install, change, or update a theme; Troubleshoot and fix theme errors; Install, activate, or update a plugin; Troubleshoot and fix WordPress plugin errors and much more.
- Content Tasks - These may include updating small sections of your website, adding content you’ve supplied (pages, products, blog posts, images etc), re-styling a section of your website, fixing small issues, etc. See the full list of tasks here.
What happens if you need more than 2 hours? How does that work?
- Our team is happy to support you! We offer additional blocks of time for technical tasks, 5 hours - $499 or 10 hours - $799. You can purchase as many blocks as you need,
and as often as you like to complete any task on our Technical Task list (see the full list here). Please note that time blocks expire after 90 days.
What about big things like new website pages, setting up courses, adding a podcast, setting up a funnel or free download?
- If you need customized tasks completed, you will need to submit a request via the PressFixer support portal. We’ll create a custom quote for your Special Project and once you accept it, we’ll get to work.
Please note that you will need to be registered for a monthly plan in order to take advantage of the Special Projects service.
What are Special Projects?
These are tasks that will require more than 2 hours to complete and are not a part of the monthly service. They include:
- Website redesign
- WooCommerce integration
- Libsyn Podcast integration
- Learndash or Sensei integration and course set up
- Blog redesign
- Memberium/ ActiveMember360 Membership site setup
- Gravity forms integration and automation
- Sales page design and development
- Marketing funnel design, development and integration
What are Technical Tasks?
All maintenance tasks are technical. If you are beyond your two billable hours for the month and need additional work completed, it is considered a technical task.
- Fixing the white screen of death a/k/a database errors
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Installing a Live Chat feature
- Setting up your online booking and scheduling system
- Adding social sharing tools
- Connecting your website to your Paypal or Stripe
- Adding products to a shopping cart
- Integrating email marketing software on your website (Mailchimp, Activecampaign, Ontraport or Infusionsoft)
- Setting up the sale of digital downloads from your website
- Adding content to your web pages or shopping cart
- Setting up your webinar pages on your own domain
- Setting up your opt-in page and freebie delivery page
How many websites does one subscription cover?
Each plan covers maintenance for ONE wordpress website, however you can use your 2 hours of development time across multiple websites. That means if you have 3 websites, you need to have 3 subscriptions,
BUT you could use all 6 development hours on one website in a month if you’d like. We don’t work on any sites that aren’t being maintained by us.
Why can’t I just order a Special Project or Technical Task without a plan?
When we maintain your website, we get to know how it works, what bugs it might have and the best way to work with your site. For every new site there’s a learning curve
(to understand what the web developer did and how it all works). We climb this learning curve during our maintenance so that we can quickly handle any other required tasks.
Do you only work on WordPress sites?
Yes, we exclusively work on websites that are powered by WordPress.
Do you offer any guarantees?
We want you to be 100% satisfied but we do invest every minute of time that’s billed, which means we can’t offer refunds for time used/ work completed. However, our project managers check in frequently with you to provide frequent updates and ensure we’re on the right track long before completion of the project. We work hard to keep you happy, which is basically our entire business model!
Hmm… no contracts, great talent, one monthly fee.. what’s the catch?
No catch…we just love business owners and we want to support your business success. We honestly do it for the love (but that doesn’t pay the bills so we have to ask for money)!